Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Challenge: are you fighting dry under-eye skin?

Not sure if you agree, the first sign of dryness is usually on your under-eye skin, especially when weather changes, it seems that your normal eye moisturizer or concealer is not doing a good enough job in winter. I'm sure many of you are aware of that and probably are already using a richer eye cream.
For me I always use two things for my eyes through the years. The first one is always something gel-like or liquidy, I usually call it eye serum. The second one is a bit milky form of eye cream and this one varies according to the weather, from a bit milky to heavier creamy.
I guess it is for the same reasons from my previous posts here "feed your skin with layers" and "how to pick the perfect serum for you" that I put two layers under my eyes. Your undereye skin needs more water than oil so making sure you feed them with enough "water" through a lighter gel first can avoid fine lines. Many people I know top heavy rich eye cream in winter without realizing that hydration is more fundamental. The oil from the heavy cream might end up blocking the delicate pores and may not do any good to the skin.

Fighting dry under-eye skin may not be as difficult as it sounds, today give a lighter eye serum a try before dabbing on your luxurious eye cream. Remember, you will need even less for each product because you are using both. Say good-bye to dry under-eye.....tonight!
Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!