Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oil Control Series #2: Do you use oil blotting paper?













Just my personal preference I do not use oil blotting paper. And I believe may be we all do not need it as long as we take care of our oil well.

The purpose of using oil blotting paper is to remove excess facial oil during the day, esp. on forehead and T-zone. Some people use it very often and there's also a tendency to increase frequency as people get used to it and thought it really helps to keep your face free of oil.

My skin is dry but tend to get oily in phase 3 of the moon cycle (please see my previous posts about moon cycle skin care) so I do have oily skin occasionally. I remember I've used oil blotting paper once. Long time ago when I was still in high school, I used those made of paper. It looks amazing that the paper seems to absorb so much oil. Then a few years after that oil blotting film came out, it's made of sort of plastic film. This type of film seems a bit gentle when press on your face. For that it gets more popular now I guess.

I haven't used oil blotting film for so many years now. Some experts say that oil blotting paper basically absorbs all the oil on your face, the bad ones (of course) but also the good ones! you need the good oil to keep your skin moisturized. This totally makes sense I think! In fact I recall that my skin is drier after blotting. Remember that only the excessive oil is the bad oil that blocks your pores and gives you all that lousy shiny look.

If you find you have oil secretion during the day that you cannot control without blotting. Try to rethink about the root reason for that may be? Rethink about the products you use in the morning, whether it controls oil or gives you too much oil?

Start with thinner or fewer layers in your morning ritual, remember your oil secretion is more active during the day, due to temperature changes like in and out the aircon or under the heat of the sun. If fewer layers don't work, consider putting on different products that control your oil. If you worry about it being too drying, put on a thin layer of oil-free serum to hydrate your skin first. This way makes sure you give your skin enough hydration before controlling oil.

Say good bye to shiny noses and foreheads!! harray!!

1 comment:

  1. My skin isn’t that much oily but it can get a bit during summers. However, I don’t really do facial etc. so I doubt I’d ever use oil blotting paper.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you!