Sunday, October 9, 2011

Washing my face with Raw Honey

I've always been a fan of honey. My favorite honey is manuka honey which I have been taking it daily to cure my cough at the beginning but now I keep doing it for my overall health.
This is my first time I have ever put honey on my face, I mean real honey, not those commercial products with all sorts of honey claims. Honey for the face sounds like a fascinating idea to me as it is absolutely natural and honey itself delivers bunch of benefits to both the body and skin. If big manufacturers produce products with honey in it (let's just not talk about how much honey they have put in), the benefits of honey are proven.

I got to try it myself I think.


My first trial - what I did:
  1. 1. I bought a new jar of raw honey from a supermarket nearby. US$7 for 250g, what a good deal for skin care! 
  2. I tied all my hair back, briefly splash water on my face and pat dry.
  3. I took about one teaspoonful of honey and warm it a bit on my palm.
  4. I started gently rubbing on my forehead first, curious to see how it feels to have sticky honey on my skin. Yes it's sticky! and it's not easy to rub or smooth over. I had to do it very slowly so I won't pull my skin too much. Then I slowly work on my nose, and the rest.
  5. I pressed my palm lightly on my face to help its "reaction" for about 30 seconds. It's still super sticky here but I have to say this smells lovely sweet and the experience was just simply adorable!
  6. Leave it on for 5 mins so that I make sure the benefits from honey are absorbed.
  7. Rinse my face with tap water (lukewarm) for a few times, it was surprisingly very easy to rinse off, the moment it touched the water the stickiness went away and just left me soft supple skin, I was so impressed!
slightly melted on skin

I decided to give a week or so and see how it changes my skin quality. At the first trial I even felt that I don't need as much serum or lotion. Stay tuned for the updates of next trials!

Thanks to five seed here for the inspiring idea in one of her posts!!

Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!