Thursday, August 25, 2011

Do you disinfect your travel-sized refill bottles?

I feel very bad for not updating this blog for so long as I have been travelling for business quite frequently in the past month. These trips exhausted me and as well gave me lots of breakouts (that even stressed me out more!), and the worse thing is I didn't have much time to take care of my skin and the situation lasts for about a month.
With 2 weeks of intensive skin care regimen back home, the situation just starts to improve (finally!)  - my skin is getting clearer and the blemishes start to go away and not coming back. For me, finding the root cause is more important for a preventative care than finding a solution. So I looked through my products, reviewed my regimen during my trips....while I was trying to dig out some clues I'm shocked to notice that I do have breakouts almost every time I travel! This time is a serious one because there have been trips after trips within weeks. At the beginning I thought it was due to the stress but I know it happened also when I was on holidays. So that reminds me of my many travel-sized refill bottles for all my skin care.
 
I like to travel light so I keep small bottles and refill when needed. When I refill I never disinfect them nor air-dry them before I pour in the liquids. The disinfection sounds normal and hygienic but this idea has never came to my mind until now. My guess is the product might be contaminated inside the container that is not properly cleaned and sterilized. When I put on my creams (with germs) that actually cause the breakouts. In fact I should have known this much earlier!
 
Do you share similar experience or do you know something that I missed here? Feel free to share, I'm going to disinfect all my travel containers for the next trip and see what happens.
 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!