Sunday, July 24, 2011

Get rid of flaky chapped lips

Last month it was a 34C summer, I was suffered with severe chapped lips that is constantly dry and flaky. It seemed to me that it would never get better because no matter what I did my lips were still seriously dry, cracked and flaky. I tried putting on thick layers of Vaseline, lip balm every 10 mins, changing lip balm brands, drinking tons of water, honey, soup, however no luck in turning this around. I feel like there's always a layer of hard and thick dead cells on my lips, that bothered me so badly for one whole month!

Until one day when I was doing a search on the Internet about my vitamin supplement, I found that chapped lips is actually one of the symptoms of vitamin B deficiency. And it is a common problem when you are stressed and lack of rest. So I rushed to buy a bottle of vitamin B complex and gave it a try.

I was very amazed that my first pill really did magic. My lips are not chapped and flaky anymore in the morning I took the pill and my lips are supple even without any lip balm the whole day.

B complex 50 is the one I take and it's good enough for me. There are 75 or 100 for those who need heavier dosage but suggest you consult professionals for details.

This is the first time I realize how vitamin and mineral play such an important role in my body. This feels great ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!