Saturday, May 28, 2011

The right ways to wash your face #3: removing your makeup means washing your face?

This is interesting since I'm not sure how many of us are actually doing BOTH in the daily regimen. I know some of us thought removing our makeup with makeup remover already equals to cleansing face. To me it's not quite true because most makeup remover, no matter oil or cream based, would leave residues even after several rinse of running water. Your face won't be clean enough and the residues will eventually clog your pores and cause blemishes. So I always cleanse my face with gentle facial wash once after removing my makeup, yes once is enough as more than that will be too harsh for your skin as you don't want to wash off your healthy skin cell on the surface.   

Remember cleansing your face properly is essential because most skin problems start from there. Your expensive cream won't get through and chemical or color residues stay on your skin and eventually cause problems in the long run.

If you worry about over-drying, pick a cleanser that is free of soap and foaming agent (means no foam), that helps retain your skin natural moisture while washing. Have fun cleansing!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!