Friday, May 20, 2011

The right ways to wash your face #2: never scrub before cleansing your face

Personally I'm not a fan of scrub. I almost never scrub my face as to me even the smallest or mildest scrub is too harsh for my skin (I don't like my skin feel during or after the process). And after all I don't really see the need when a good deep cleansing can be done easily and gently with all sorts of clay masks and facial wash.

For those who find scrubbing necessary a good piece of advice is never scrub before cleansing your face. I guess this makes sense because we don't want to scrub with dirt and oil. Experts also say the pores are opened while scrubbing and it's a bad idea to let the dirt and oil penetrate through the pores into the skin layers. Doing so for a long term will cause blemishes and frequent breakout (cuz the dirt are stuck in the pores!)

With this in mind, I would suggest a cleansing routine like this:
remove makeup -> cleanse (I will talk more about this in the next few posts) -> scrub (if necessary) or deep cleansing mask

Although washing your face sounds so simple but I think there is a lot of knowledge behind a good face washing habit. What is your daily habit of washing your face? Do you think you are doing it the way your skin loves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!