Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How to prevent monthly skin breakouts?

I just figure that it may be more engaging for my readers to know my skin condition before you can understand all my posts about how I care for my skin and which are more relevant to your own skin type or condition at that point of time. So here are a few indicators that I want to put in each of my post, starting today! Hope it's gonna be helpful to all of you :)

Skin moisture level today: normal moisture but a bit oily
Skin problems today: no acne yet but a few visible whiteheads
Days in moon cycle: 15th

Oh no! Whiteheads are signs of breakout and I know that it is just about to begin as I'm entering the 15th days of my moon cycle. To make sure my skin survive this critical period, I take extra care. I put on my regular toner and serum, followed by Vichy Normaderm anti-acne hydrating lotion this morning. Vichy Normablend claims to clear blemish and blackheads and helps prevent new ones from forming, purifies and CONTROL OILS. Lucky that it's been working very well on my skin so far. I only use this product during this period.

I don't need oil control toner yet as it's only the beginning of the cycle and it's important to regulate my skin moisture level otherwise breakout will be even more serious. In the coming 2 weeks I won't be using any scrub or exfoliating products because skin is the most sensitive and fragile in this period.

At night I use Vichy Normaderm Night cream and before that I make sure I cleanse my face thoroughly enough (yet gently!) to prevent clogging so during this period I cleanse twice using Fresh soy face cleanser after my makeup removal.

Always know your moon cycle, check your skin and listen to what your skin tells you - their problems and their needs! You will find amazing results when it's being listened and satisfied!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!