Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Update: olive oil to remove makeup, I am giving up...

After trying out olive oil as my makeup remover for over a month, I am reluctant but I have to admit that it is not for me. Despite of all the positive comments about how amazing the EVOO works on their skin, I unfortunately have a few disappointing experience before any amazing results.

1) it has been difficult to clean my eyes completely without leaving bits of oil around my eyes. That turned out to be an issue after accumulating the oil for some time. I found white heads around my eyes.

2) using warm / hot towel to wipe my face did not do me any good except the loss of elasticity. I noticed less firm skin. Oh yes I pay extra attention to my skin condition during the whole challenge.

3) my fault not to use newly washed towel every time and I got allergic skin patch - dry scaly patch. My guess is caused by the not very clean towel.

Well, honestly I am worried and not truly faithful about the olive oil regimen anymore. I decided to give it up and go back to my regular makeup removal routine with some natural store bought products. Not a total surprise but it works well and the issues are eventually gone. I feel relieved.
Nothing against the oil cleansing method, I guess it is just not suitable for me. What I wanna do is to continue looking for skin friendly products. Something that my skin has got used to for like 20 years.
Have a happy 2012 everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried using a mixture of olive oil and witch hazel? That combination works amazingly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you. It is not so effective to remove the makeup but as a skin care remedy it works good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, that sounds interesting, have not tried any mixture as the steps still involve hot steaming towel. I guess this time I really give up, unless may be after a while I am up to new challenge again. Will keep this in mind though thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you!