Saturday, June 18, 2011

Deep cleansing series #3: what to do before and after your deep cleansing step?

After picking the right deep cleasning product, you may want to try adding that into your skin care regimen. So how does this step fit into the routine? It's actually as critical as picking the right product.

First question is how frequent you should do deep cleansing?
For those who have read my previous posts should be well aware of what I call phase 2 in the moon cycle that is also the best time for deep cleansing. I really do not suggest doing deep cleansing every 2 weeks as most products recommend because if you believe skin changes in the moon cycle, there are stages where your skin is more prone to irritation so we should not scrub or peel during phase 3. Normally I do deep cleansing about 3 to 4 times a month in my phase 2.

Second question is what we should do before and after the deep cleansing step?
1. Most importantly, all makeup should be removed and the entire face should be completely cleansed. Having said that, we should not wash more than twice each time we wash our face.

2. I prefer doing deep cleansing after my shower as my pores are naturally opened from the steam in the shower

3. close the pores immediately after the deep cleansing step using rosewater spray or thermal water spray that gives your a refreshing cooling sensation and also helps close pores

4. put on your serum or lotion by layering, make sure we don't over moisturise our skin that again clog our pores

Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you!